Obesity is a pretty big problem right now. It’s not just some small blip on the radar, it is pretty bad as a matter of fact.
Don’t believe me? Here are some shocking numbers
- In the last 16 years, obesity has increased at alarming rates. 39 states have seen an increase in obesity
ofbetween 50- 80%. WOW!
- My state of Nebraska has gone up 80%
- Since 1995, obesity rates in Oklahoma, Alabama, and Tennessee have gone up the fastest.
- Washington, D.C., Colorado, and Connecticut have seen obesity rise the least.
- Ten years ago there were no states with an obesity rate above 24%, now 43 states have higher obesity rates than the highest in 2000.
- Diabetes rates have increased in ten states by 200% in
the past15 years.
- Hypertension has increased from 22 – 26% in the last 15 years.
- In 1980 less than 50% of Americans were overweight; today that number is more than 65% and growing.
- 1/3 of all children today will eventually suffer
- It is estimated that by 2020, half of all Americans will have
What is wrong with us when…
80% of preventable disease risk factors are influenced by positive behaviors like:
- Regular exercise
- Good nutritional habits
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Quit smoking
How can something so simple be so devastating? Well, it is not easy BUT IT IS POSSIBLE. Start making changes now!
Share the statistics with your loved ones.